Introductions First… Hello Armchair BEA!
Armchair BEA is conducting a “meet and greet” for this year’s book blogger participants. Each blogger picks five questions to answer about themselves and their blog. Really excited looking forward to meeting everyone involved, but first let me introduce myself….
1. Please tell us a little bit about yourself: Who are you? How long have you been blogging? Why did you get into blogging?
Hello! I’m Rebecca from Sturdy for Common Things. I live and breathe the simple life as a mother, wife, and children’s librarian in Lawrence, Kansas. After leaving a demanding job as a as a fashion publicist in New York City for the simple life in middle America, I found myself needing a creative outlet. Sturdy for Common Things has become that place for me (more on that here). Sturdy for Common Things is my first blog.
2. What are you currently reading, or what is your favorite book you have read so far in 2012?
I’m currently reading Three Times Lucky by Shelia Turnage and after I finish I plan to read One for the Murphys by Lynda Mullaly Hunt.
My favorite kids book I’ve read so far this year has to be Wonder by R.J. Palacio. Hands down. Favorite teen book is Where Things Come Back by John Corey Whaley and favorite adult book is The Sisters Brothers by Patrick DeWitt.
3. What is your favorite feature on your blog?
My favorite feature is sharing the books I’m currently reading with my daughter, “Reading Together“. Also, I have a lot of fun with my “Sunday Storytime” posts where I write about my weekly library storytime including a step-by-step of the post-storytime craft we make afterwards.
4. Which is your favorite post that you have written that you want everyone to read?
5. If you could eat dinner with any author or character, who would it be and why?
Do I have to pick only one? I have a severe sweet tooth, so having dinner with Willy Wonka would be have to be my pick.